1983 Monte Carlo Specifications
After twelve years of being discontinued the SS was finally an option once again on the 1983 Monte Carlo in order to boost sales of the car. The SS model featured European body colored coding, a new front fascia, a rear spoiler, and a high-lift cam V8 with dual exhaust.
Also included were special SS badges, a small rear spoiler, and stiffer suspension. Available SS colors were white or dark metallic blue.
For the regular model there weren’t many changes from the 1982 model. The grille was revised and the interior trim patterns were changed.
1983 Chevrolet Monte Carlo OEM Brochure
1983 Monte Carlo Information
- 2-Door SC Sport Coupe
- 2-Door SS Super Sport
- 3.8L (229 cubic inch) Chevrolet V6 (base – non-California)
- 3.8L (231 cubic inch) Buick V6 (base – California)
- 4.3L (262 cubic inch) Oldsmobile V6 Diesel (optional)
- 5.0L (305 cubic inch) Chevrolet V8 (optional)
- 5.0L (305 cubic inch) Chevrolet V8 (HO for SS)
- 5.7L (350 cubic inch) Oldsmobile V8 Diesel (optional)
- 3 speed automatic
Total Production: 96,319
SS Production: 4,714