Part Details Vehicle Fitment Reviews
The new VHX Systems fit directly into the stock instrument bezel of a 1969 Chevy Chevelle and El Camino without modification, adding a wealth of features to this iconic vehicle. Fully lit needles, backlit faces, and highly visible LCD message centers are a few of the things that you can see which set the VHX Series apart from yesterday's traditional approach to instrumentation. A few of the features which you don't normally see are the micro-controlled precision stepper motors, solid state sensors for unparalleled accuracy, and user-customizable display feedback, all supported by an unrivaled limited lifetime warranty which has become the standard for Dakota Digital instrumentation systems . Completely engineered and manufactured in the USA, the VHX Series has completely revolutionized the instrumentation industry!
Digital Message Centers:
- Speedometer : 0-160 MPH
- Tachometer: 0-8000 RPM
- Oil Pressure: 0-80 psi
- Water Temperature: 100-260 Fahrenheit
- Fuel Level: E, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, F
- Voltmeter: 9-17 VDC
- Lighting: Back lit technology is popular with performance instrumentation due to precise lighting allowing you to see what is truly important when you really need it at a quick glance. Each number, tick mark, annunciator, needle, indicator and digital message center is lit by a series of LEDs behind the gauge face.
Digital Message Centers:
- Standard Displays: Odometer (one time user settable, million mile), Dual (A/B) Trip Meter (0-9,999.9), Clock (12 hour)
- Performance Meters: 0-60 MPH Timer, 1/4 Mile Time, 1/4 Mile End Speed (trap speed), High Speed Recall, High RPM Recall
- Gauges: Speedometer (0-255 MPH), Tachometer (0-9,900 RPM), Oil Pressure (0-100 psi displayed in 1 psi increments), Water Temperature (100-300 degrees Fahrenheit displayed in 1 degree increments), Voltmeter (9-17 VDC), Fuel Level (0-99% full)
- Lighting: Auto-contrasting LCD display for optimal view in the brightest of sunlight, LED backlit at night to match/complete the look at night
- Turn SIgnals
- High Beam
- Check Engine
- Parking Brake
- Cruise Control
- Gear Position (optional GSS-2000 sensor required)
- 4x4 (when vehicle is equipped)
- Wait to Start (when vehicle is equipped)
- Water Temperature: 1/8 in. NPT, ground isolated sensor with a 10ft harness
- Oil Pressure: 1/8 in. NPT solid state sensor with a 10ft harness
- Cable Driven Speed Sensor/Generator: Replaces GM style speedometer cables with a 10ft harness
- Bushings: Each kit comes with 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch, 3/8 inch and 1/2 inch NPT bushings along with bushings for 12mm and 16mm x 1.5 threads
- Pushbutton: Dakota Digital instruments are programmed and operated by the push of a button. SImply mount the included pushbuttons supplied with your gauges in a convenient and easily accessible location. These buttons are used to calibrate your speedometer, set the cylinder count and fuel level gauge. Once properly configured, these same buttons are used to access the wealth of information located in the Digital Message Centers
Bezel not included. Fits directly into existing bezel.
WARNING: Cancer & Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov
- Ground Up Part #: VHX-69C-CVL-C-R
- Brand: Dakota Digital
- Manufacturer Part #: VHX-69C-CVL-C-R
- Sold As: Kit
- Shipping Details: This item ships UPS Ground.
Customers Also Bought These With VHX-69C-CVL-C-R
Installation Time: Info Unavailable
Installation Difficulty: Info Unavailable
Installation Guides: click here to download
Have a Question About This
Our knowledgeable team is standing by to help you with your restoration needs!
Monday-Thursday: 9-5 | Friday: 9-3 | Saturday : 9-1 ET* | Sunday: CLOSED
Get updates and special offers from SS396.com
Stay up-to-date on our promotions, flash sales and all things built from the Ground Up! Let us know the car your working on so we can tailor emails to the car you’re shopping for!